Tuesday, March 25, 2014

FLOWERS...


In building my new portfolio website for my writing work (oh yes I did) it became apparent that I have tens of thousands more pictures of Paris than I know what to do with, or could even begin to categorise and edit into a cohesive collection. I'm beginning to organise them and certain themes have begun to emerge - if you know me, you'll be able to guess what those are instantly... Eventually I'll have a rotating gallery on my site, but until then I'll post little collections here on the blog now and then. First up, in honour of spring - flowers and florists.






{© Claire Oldman}

3 comments:

Emma said...

Well done, Claire!
(From Elizabeth Bowen's The House in Paris, which I'm currently reading - and loving - "Naomi's dead aunt had a flowering pink cherry at the foot of her garden at Twickenham. Karen spread a sheet of newspaper on an upturned packing-case under the tree : dark pink lights and splashes of sunshine where wind parted the branches came spilling through. This last day of April was warm and idle, like summer.")

mkd said...

I so love these photos - a perfect preview to spring colors and flowers, something I desperately need here in New England while I wait for the long overdue spring.

Claire said...

Emma - Thanks, and thanks for the quote - lovely.

Sanibel - spring will make it there soon, I hope!